Energy Security, the great challenge of the 21st century
Energy security has become a major concern for all States. Growing global energy needs, geopolitical risks, the energy mix, the challenges of climate change, among others, are all factors that encourage states, international organizations, companies, etc. to define sustainable strategies.
The energy mix and energy policies differ from one State to another: energies including oil and gas, coal, nuclear and renewable energy are as many resources used and developed by countries for economic imperatives.
Building on the success of the 1st International Congress on Energy Security, which was held in April 2012 in Geneva, GreenOrbis International plans to create on the second edition of the Congress, which will take place from 1 to 2 October 2015 in Geneva, an international forum for discussion and exchanges.
Workshop I : Energy efficiency
• What are the many advantages of energy efficiency?
• How does energy efficiency bolster the advantages of the transition to new energies at the service of the environment?
• How to quantify the use of energy and he contribution/impact of energy efficiency?
• How markets behave in relation to the various applications of energy efficiency?
• How does energy efficiency impact on the total final energy consumption at regional, national or local levels?
>> Read More ...
Workshop II : Energy Mix
Conference & Exhibition
• Can nuclear energy meet current energy challenges?
• Nuclear power station: towards abandoning civilian nuclear energy?
• Does coal threaten energy security in Europe and in the world?
• Coal: a growing resources?
• How to ensure a more important part of renewable energies in the energy mix?
>> Read More ...